Friday, August 15, 2008

I'll See Your 7 lbs And Raise You 1 oz




Kayley didn't just weigh in at 7 lbs tonight. She trumped it by gaining 60 grams for a total of 3230 grams or 7 lbs 1 oz (1.9 oz really). The healthy rolls just keep piling on.

According to Kayley's primary day shift nurse, Kayley is now taking over half of her feeding total through the bottle. That's a great sign. And, she doesn't even get fed by a bottle every time because she sleeps through some feedings. Well, that's about to change. The nurse thinks it's time to start waking Kayley up for every feeding so that she starts getting use to it. No more taking the easy way out and getting fed through the tube while she sleeps. Hopefully Kayley catches on to this new strategy so she can keep improving on her feeding.

I don't have many updates from Kayley's feedings today. I do know that Megan came in today to try and breastfeed Kayley. She apparently didn't want much to do with it so they filled up a bottle and gave her 30 cc's that way. Not a bad amount considering she was probably a little tired after the breastfeeding attempt.

I came in tonight and Kayley took 45 cc's from me. She definitely learning how this stuff works. However, she's just too nosey. I find that when she's the most awake, she eats the slowest. She's too distracted by everything that's going on. Of course that's good and bad. She's very aware of her surroundings, but when it's eating time, we need her to eat. She does ok when she's wide awake, but she does the best for me when she's starting to doze off. She's more focused on the bottle at that point. So, I'm going to go home tonight and make some blinders for her...just kidding. I wouldn't do that. At least not until we get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment