Monday, August 4, 2008

4 Diapers Later....

Kayley has seemed a little constipated the last couple days. We noticed that she was grunting and squirming a lot. She has been having stools but they were never really big. I don't know if she thought it was my birthday tonight or if she just decided to give me a gift for her 8 week birthday, but I knew I was in trouble when I unsnapped her onesie and heard a rumblin'. 4 diapers, a laughing nurse, and a soiled hand, outfit, and blanket later, Kayley was finally changed. I would say she is no longer constipated.

There were 2 effects from the above mentioned episode. One was kind of expected and the other one was a good surprise. We weighed Kayley after we got her changed. She ended up losing 50 grams. That's not a big deal considering the timing of everything. If I had to guess, Kayley probably released at least 50 grams worth. So, Kayley is down to 2860 grams (6 lbs 4 oz). Given last night's weigh in (which stuck at 2910 grams, up 90 grams), she's still up 40 grams in the last 2 days. That's still a good average.

The other effect was that Kayley did very well feeding tonight. She downed 20 cc's in about 15 minutes. Too bad that's all we had in the bottle. I think she would have taken more. I am assuming that her bowel movement made plenty of extra room for her tummy and made her more comfortable to eat. We'll see how she does tomorrow.

As I kind of eluded to above, Kayley is now 8 weeks old. Time has flown by...

No comments:

Post a Comment