Tuesday, August 13, 2013

More Iowa Fun

Drew and Kayley spent one last week on the farm with Grandma and Grandpa before school starts.  We met my Mom and brother Matt at Adventureland last Saturday.  Drew and Kayley had a great time and we talked them into going on the Tornado (large wooden roller coaster).  They were a little unsure as we waited in line, but sat right down and buckled up when it was our turn.  They did great during the ride, but both decided they had enough of roller coasters for the day!  Kayley looked terrified as we were on the ride.  She may wait a few years before she gets on another one.  Matt and I rode the other roller coasters by ourselves.  :-)

Chuck Wagon...a little boring after the Tornado

Saw Mill water slide

Time for a snack

Kayley at the water park

We drove to the farm Saturday night and then Andy, Ryan and I drove back to Peoria on Sunday.  It was a quiet week, but Andy's dad spent the week with us and helped entertain Ryan who wasn't quite sure what to do with all of the toys and nobody bothering him!  The kids had another great time on the farm and Grandma sent me pictures throughout the week. 


Grandma and Grandpa are getting new flooring so
the table has been moved out of the kitchen.  The
kids loved eating on the tv trays!

Picnic lunch

The farm is tiring!

Future Farmer of America 1

Future Farmer of America 2
Here is one I took of Ryan last night.  Can't leave him out!




Andy and I golfed in a charity tournament on Friday and the Pour House tournament on Sunday.  First time in over a year on a course for me so it was a lot of golf in a short period of time for me!  I don't mean to brag, but (which means I am about to brag) I did get the longest drive in the Pour House tournament on Sunday (beating the men's city champion who was golfing in the tournament).  I was pretty happy with that considering I never golf anymore.  Andy didn't let me win the prize, but he did announce that I out drove the second place guy by 20 yards.  Definitely my longest drive ever so it was pretty lucky timing on my part.  I think I'll be done golfing for the year so I can end on a high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment