Friday, August 16, 2013

Unexpected Week at Home

We were told very recently that our division at work has to participate in rolling temporary layoffs, which means we have to take a week of layoff in the 3rd Quarter and another week in the 4th Quarter.  Other divisions have been doing them throughout the year and now my division has to join in.  Guess that is a downside of working for a cyclical company.  I'm trying to look at it as extra vacation...unpaid.  Luckily, Andy's group does not have to take a rolling layoff.

My Mom was already planning to spend this week here.  The kids had back to school nights and were out of daycare on Thursday and Friday so she was going to help watch them while we ran to the different activities and while we worked on Thursday and Friday.  She decided to stay even though I was going to be off and we have had a fun week.

On Monday, I drove up to Chicago to meet the cutest little baby, Samuel Sevandal Cohen!  He is SO precious and I was happy to cuddle with him!  I am not having any more babies, so I have to enjoy my friends' babies whenever I can.  I can't wait for my next visit!

Baby Sam!

On Tuesday, Mom and I took the kids for pictures.  You can see how that turned out in the previous blog post!  Tuesday night was Kayley's Kindergarten Back to School night.  Andy took Drew to football practice so he wasn't able to go.  Mom stayed with Ryan and I took Kayley to meet her teacher.  She was so excited to go and seemed to really enjoy it while we were there! 


Ready to meet my teacher!


Posing in front of the bus at school

Sitting at her desk

Wednesday was Drew and Kayley's last day at PALS so they went for the morning to say goodbye to their teachers and friends.  Mom and I picked them up at noon and then took them to Monkey Joe's. 

 



Wednesday was our anniversary so Mom watched the kids while Andy and I went out to celebrate.  Nine years!  We had a great time and definitely need to get a babysitter more often we decided.  The last time we had a babysitter other than my Mom was November! 




I took Drew golfing on Thursday afternoon.  There is a golf learning center close to our house and it has a 9 hole chip and putt course.  Drew loved it, but did complain once that he wasn't able to hit his driver!  I think he wants on a real course pretty soon, but he isn't quite ready for that yet.








Thursday night was Drew's Back to School night where he got to meet his teacher.  He had a lot of fun meeting her and seeing his friends from Kindergarten.  I had to beg him to let me take a picture of him at his desk.  They get embarrassed of us at such a young age!



Today was the first day of school for Drew and Kayley!  More about that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment