Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dinner with Ryan

Ryan is 14 months old and has found it is more fun to entertain his brother and sister during dinner than actually eat.  And Drew and Kayley only encourage his behavior by laughing hysterically.  It is hard not to laugh at him, but the more you laugh, the more "entertaining" he does.  And Sox LOVES Ryan during dinner time because Ryan is more than happy to share give Sox his food. 



It isn't all fun and games during dinner.  We do work on our manners!  :-)  Here is a video of Ryan saying "thank you."  He says "uh oh" and "thank you" regularly.  And that is about it!



Ryan moves up to the toddler room in September and I am not ready!  I love all the teachers at PALS and I know he will be just fine, but I don't want him to leave his school mom, Darcey, yet and I just don't want to acknowledge that he is growing up!  Another issue is the fact that he is going to have to do some "growing up" this next week to get ready.  The toddler room doesn't have highchairs and they need to feed themselves.  Ryan will not use a fork or a spoon on his own (he throws them on the floor or bangs them on the highchair).  He doesn't like us to spoon feed him either.  So, we end up with this most nights: 

 



I realize a lot of young toddlers eat like this, but this is the first toddler I will have in daycare and I just don't know how they are going to get him to sit at a table and eat his food without ending up looking like this!  Don't get me started on how they are going to get him to lay down on a cot and stay there!  They keep telling me that every parent wonders, but the kids just do it.  Good luck, I say!

And I have to add a cute one from before dinner!  Ryan's first time in the wagon.



No comments:

Post a Comment