Sunday, December 15, 2013

Santa and SNOW!

Pretty much nothing went as planned this weekend, but we made the most of it. 

I took Friday off from work and had the entire day planned with errands before Ryan's Christmas party at daycare, but as soon as I got the kids on the bus, I decided to go back to bed until 8:30.  I finally got up at 10:45!  It was WONDERFUL!  Needless to say, I didn't get all of my errands done before the Christmas party, but it was so nice to get some extra sleep.

Ryan had fun at his Christmas party.  They had a snack, sang (I use that term loosely) Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jingle Bells and made an ornament. 

Ryan and his friend Jillian enjoying
their snack at the Christmas party.
After the Christmas party, Ryan and I picked up Drew and Kayley from school and headed to Bass Pro Shops to see Santa.  We met Andy there and were lucky that we only had to wait about 5 minutes to see Santa.  Drew and Kayley were really excited...Ryan was not as excited.

 
Too bad I already did my Christmas cards for this year

After Santa, we tried to cheer Ryan up so we went to the carousel and Ryan loved it.  Kayley and Drew enjoyed it too.  I am sure Andy even had fun! 






We also spent some time at the big fish tank. 



It was snowing pretty hard when we left Bass Pro Shops so we had a quick dinner at Red Robin and then headed home.  Drew and Kayley were watching tv before bed and Ryan went over and got down right beside them to watch tv with them.  It was so cute.  He lasted for about 30 seconds and then got up to go play.



I was supposed to go to Chicago Saturday morning with some friends.  It was going to be a quick trip with us coming home on Sunday.  I woke up at 6am Saturday morning to a very sick Andy.  He had food posioning (appears to be from Red Robin) and had been up since 3am.  I felt bad for him.  I also felt bad for me because I wasn't going to be going on my little Chicago trip with him sick!   

Andy stayed in bed and as soon as I tried to force Ryan down for a morning nap, the kids and I headed outside to shovel the driveway.  We got about 6 inches of snow.  Yes, Andy has great timing on food posioning!  Pardon the language, but all I could think as I was shoveling was why in the hell do we not have a snow blower?!?!  Andy had to have a riding lawn mower, but he didn't buy a snow blower?!  Ryan wasn't really interested in sleeping (or just being quiet) for more than 25 minutes so not a lot of shoveling got done before I had to go back in and get him. 

Drew helped me shovel

Drew and Kayley have probably spent over 7 hours outside between yesterday and today.  They love it and both told me that witner is by far their favorite season!  I remember loving the snow too when I was their age, but summer really is much more enjoyable!



Andy started to feel a little better early in the afternoon so we all went to Drew's basketball game.  He is in the 1st and 2nd grade league.  We didn't start basketball until 4th or 5th grade so this seems really young to me.  And to be honest, it is painful to watch!  They all need a lot of practice!  But, they had a lot of fun and that is what it is all about at this age.  Ryan was demanding a lot of my attention during the game, but I was able to get one of Drew's baskets on video.


No comments:

Post a Comment