Monday, September 1, 2008

Taking This Going Home Business Seriously



I don't know if Kayley heard us talking about what her goals are but she definitely took action. I believe she took over 67 cc's at every feeding today. And tonight at Kayley's 11 pm feeding, she took 90 cc's! I think she finally wants to come home. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow sees it the same way. Many of the nurses believe Kayley is ready and so do we. Who knows. The doctor could come in tomorrow and send her home. That would make us all very happy.

But, of course there has to be an obstacle. Kayley has gone 4 days almost 5 without pooping. The night nurse spoke to the doctor this morning about it but he was not concerned at all but it could prolong our stay here. He said since she hasn't stopped eating and she isn't throwing up her milk, they are not going to do anything right away. Basically, it's not affecting her too much. We think she would eat better after she goes, but I guess we'll just have to see. A suppository could be in the works if Kayley doesn't go soon. Maybe the rumblings I heard under Kayley's blanket just now are the start of something. I won't get my hopes up too much. I hear those rumblings from Kayley a lot.

Another plus for the day is that Kayley gained weight again. She is up 10 grams from last night. That means she is now 3590 grams which is still 7 lbs 14 oz. But, a gain is a gain and we'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment