Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Andy scored big points with me this week.  Did he give me an expensive piece of jewelry?  No.  Did he surprise me with a romantic getaway?  No.  Romantic dinner?  No.  Flowers?  No.  He did something better (well, better than dinner or flowers anyway):




Confused?  Andy took on the task of helping Drew and Kayley decorate their Valentine's Day boxes for school.  Drew's class was specifically told to do something more than just decorate a box.  Be creative they were told.  And have fun.  Really?  Therein lies the problem for me.  I am NOT creative and I do NOT enjoy crafts.  At all.  Andy knows this and took on the project with the kids.  Kayley was not told she had to make her box into something so she was very content just putting stars all over her box.  Drew created the University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona Cardinals).  Both kids loved their boxes and I didn't have to have any part of it so I was happy too!  Thanks, Andy!!

Mom flew in on Friday and landed right as our latest snowstorm was ending.  Winter isn't dead as I was wishing.  In fact, it is back again tomorrow with more snow.  As I am typing this, the news is on and they just reported that we have had 43.9 inches of snow this year.  Last year we had 4.5 inches.  Ugh.  Mom is being a trooper though!

We went to Drew's basketball game on Saturday.  He played probably his best game yet so it was a good one for Grandma to see.



The kids have been keeping Grandma busy as always.  Poor lady doesn't get a minute to herself when she is here!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your week with Grandma:). Love the Valentine boxes!

    ReplyDelete