Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Fun

I can't believe it is already August.  Where did the summer go?!  Why don't the winters seem to go by as fast?  We have a busy August planned so I am sure this month will fly by. 

Last weekend, I took Drew, Kayley and Ryan to Bicycle Safety Town while Andy went golfing.  They loved it and Ryan slept peacefully in his stroller as I walked all around following the kids.  Drew got tired of going as slow as Kayley and me so he took off on his own and we saw him every few minutes as he zoomed by us.  I think it is time to get rid of the training wheels.  They love this park and Drew is very good about following the signs and the signal.  He scolded us when we made a u-turn even though there was a no u-turn sign. 




The next day, the kids and I headed to the Quad Cities to meet up with one of my best friends and her family.  We hung out at the pool all afternoon.  Drew and Kayley had so much fun playing with Amelia and Ang and I chatted by the pool while Ryan slept beside us.  It was a perfect day!  Having friends like her so close makes living in the Midwest again worth it! 



And here is a picture of our future Hawkeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment