Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pre-K!!!

Where does the time go?  Drew started Pre-K last week.  He is growing up SO fast!  He is very proud to be in Pre-K.  I had a much harder time with it than him.  All I could think about was how he would be in kindergarten next year.  I will be a wreck! 

We went to dinner Saturday night and a 5 year old boy was waiting with his dad next to us.  The boy heard Kayley and I talking about how she is going to be 4 next year and the boy jumped in and told me he was 5.  I asked if he was in kindergarten and he said yes.  I asked if he rode the bus to school and he proudly told me yes.  Drew was hanging on every word.  The next day, Drew told me he was 5 and going to go to kindergarten now with his new friend.  Ha!

Drew on his first day of Pre-K

Does Andy have to pitch to him in the house?

Kayley is not as excited to be in the 3s room.  The second day she told me that she was going to go back to Ms. Pam's room.  I told her that Ms. Pam has a new class this year and Kayley is a big girl now and gets to be in the 3s room.  She wasn't buying it.  She just shook her head and told me she was going to Ms. Pam's room!  Even this week she is still talking about going back to Ms. Pam's room! 

Kayley's first day in the 3s
Kayley had another big change - she has grown out of the "buddy and me" class (where I go around with her) at gymnastics and now goes with the 3 year olds!  She had her first class on her own tonight and after a very brief cry (during which I may have promised her ice cream if she was a big girl), she went with the teacher and had a great time.  I think she waved to me 50 times during the 45 minute class - she loved it!  And she may have enjoyed ice cream when she got home...

Ready for gymnastics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment