Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend in Omaha

We made a great decision to leave the crappy weather and head to Omaha for Memorial Day weekend to visit Andy's family.  We really lucked out on the weather in Omaha this weekend! 

As always, we had a great time.  The kids played hard each day and the adults, well, we had fun too! 

The boys played baseball most of Saturday (in the driveway and batting practice in the garage) while the girls played on Jackson's riding toys.  And Ryan spent time with anyone who would have him!  





We celebrated Kayley and Ryan's birthdays.  Kayley loved being a princess (thanks Aunt Kim!) and Ryan destroyed his cake in record time.  I am so mad I didn't start recording it until it was too late.  We thought he would be timid, but he dove right in and we were laughing so hard that it was pretty much over before I thought to record it.  I'll try again on his actual birthday!










Here is the one video I did take.  As you can see, he is pretty much done!



Ryan didn't love the "bath" in the kitchen sink.  :-)


Can't forget about our soon to be 5 year old!




On Sunday, Ryan decided to take his first meaningful steps!  It was exciting to watch!  But, it is kind of bittersweet.  He is my last baby and I don't want him to grow up too fast! 



My brother stopped by and took Kayley, Drew and Jackson to Dave & Buster's for lunch on Sunday.  They had a great time and Kayley got more cake to celebrate her birthday!  When they got home, we went to the house of some family friends for a party.  The boys and the kids spent almost 4 hours in the water! 








We ended the night with sparklers.





Kayley cried today when it was time to go.  I guess that is the sign of a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment