Thursday, May 19, 2011

Drew




Drew has never had a blog post dedicated to him so now is the time! Drew is a sweet, sensitive soul. He has always been on the shy side and continues to be shy until he warms up to you. From what I hear about Andy as a child, like father like son! But, once he knows you, he will talk your ear off (must be another trait from Andy, not me. Ha!). He loves going to "school" and is always proud to tell you what he has learned. Right now, he likes to practice writing his letters. We work with Kayley a lot on her shapes and colors and he is always right there trying to help teach her. It is adorable to watch.



Poor kid has a little of me in him and is very particular about things and has some Type A personality traits. His toys need to be put away just right and his monster trucks need to be lined up exactly how he wants them. He and Kayley could not be more opposite. She is anything but Type A!


One other not so desirable trait from me is that he is a super picky eater. To make it worse, the older he gets, the harder it is to convince him to eat something that I am not willing to eat!



Drew generally does not like to be in trouble or disappoint us. Not to say he is never in trouble because he certainly is, but we usually only have to say something once and he'll stop. Again, could not be more opposite than Kayley! However, he is starting a new phase of talking back to us. His new favorite saying when you tell him no is, "I can do what I want to do." The first time he said it, I laughed out loud because it was so unexpected. It isn't nearly as funny anymore.



Anyone who knows Drew knows he has always been a huge Thomas fan. Trains, trains, trains! Andy took him to Monster Jam in January or February and ever since, whenever he is in the house, all he wants to do is play with his monster trucks or watch Monster Jam on the DVR. His new favorite shirt is his blue monster truck shirt in the picture. We watch it so much that I even know all of the monster trucks. He can also tell you who drives each truck. I love pretty much any sport, but I think I have to draw the line at watching monster trucks so frequently.



As much as he loves monster trucks, he prefers to play outside. He had quite the adjustment when we moved from Phoenix to Illinois!



This blog will force me to do a better job of taking pictures of the kids! In the meantime, here is one my mom took when she was here. :-) Maybe someone can tell me how to add the pictures to the bottom of the post.




No comments:

Post a Comment