Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

I just realized I did not publish this post.  Oops!

I had a great Mother's Day weekend.  Mom drove back from Phoenix last weekend and drove to see us on Thursday.  Her timing was perfect because I was in Chicago for work on Thursday and Andy had a work dinner Thursday evening so she was able to watch the kids until I got home.  Ryan stayed home with her on Friday and Drew and Kayley got to ride the bus home so they were excited.

We took Mom out for dinner Friday night and told her to pick the place.  She thought Mexican sounded good, but Drew quickly started lobbying for Double A's (pizza).  We ended up at Double A's.  Who was this dinner for again?

Saturday was beautiful so we spent a lot of time outside.  Kayley had a soccer game and Drew had swimming lessons and baseball practice.  Ryan was a trooper throughout our long day.  Drew and Kayley wanted to do something nice for Grandma for Mother's Day so they decided to wash the bugs off of her car Saturday afternoon.  She was very thankful and they had fun soaking themselves once they were done.  




This morning, the kids gave me cards and gifts.  Drew and Kayley each gave me flowers from school.  Ryan gave me a poem, "Walk With Me, Mama" with his little foot prints at the bottom.  Cue the tears!  Then they gave me another huge Mother's Day card, which I always love!  And they also got me a spa package.  :-)  Drew and Kayley also made cards for Grandma.



Andy took us out for brunch after we opened our cards and gifts.  After brunch, Mom, Kayley and I went to Costco for a few household items and came home with a bunch of knockout roses, which Andy and Drew planted in the front of the house this afternoon.  Andy grilled for us tonight, which was a nice ending to a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment