Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Last Football Game

Drew's last two football games were this past weekend.  His team ended the season with a record of 8-1.  They had a great team and great coaches.  Even though I was a little concerned at the beginning of the season about my 8 year old playing tackle football, it was a lot of fun.  Drew "grew up" in so many ways during the season.  He was a totally different player by the end of the season.

Here is a picture from Saturday's game in the rain.  This was the only game they lost this year.  It was cold and rained steadily throughout the game.  I was miserable at times, but felt even worse for the boys.  This picture doesn't really show the weather.




Here is a picture and some videos from the final game on Sunday evening.  The boys were so excited to get to play under the lights at the high school.  My parents were in town for the weekend so it was nice that they got to see such a good game.

Drew is at outside linebacker (#22)


These two videos show Drew playing outside linebacker and making the tackle.  He is #22.




This one is of Drew at running back.  He got tackled at the 1 yard line.  Darn it!



This was the final play of the game.  Drew got an interception!



1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun watching him play some games this season! I am the first to admit that I was dreading him playing tackle football, but I now think it was good for him in many ways. Thanks for the thrills, grandson!

    ReplyDelete