Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad, my husband, my father-in-law and my brother's-in-law (and all the other great dads out there)!  We were able to see my Dad and my father-in-law last weekend in Iowa when we were celebrating Kayley's birthday.  I also had a nice chat on the phone with my Dad this morning. 
Andy started his day early with a 6:30am tee time (YIKES!) and then came home to work in the yard.  I spoiled him a little and picked him up Jimmy John's for lunch.  :-)  My Mom and the kids arrived around 1:30pm and we spent the afternoon playing with some very wound up kids.  They had a great time at the farm this past week, but they were very excited to be home with all of their toys.  Drew wanted to take Andy to his favorite (Drew's favorite) pizza place - Mickie's Pizzeria in Dunlap.  The pizza is good, but Drew likes it because they have one of those claw games with candy in it called Candy Town.  You pay a quarter and see how much candy you can get.  The only reason the kids love that place!  Then we came home and Andy is currently taking his turn trying to get a screaming Kayley to bed.  Ah, it is good to have the kids home! 

The kids spent the week in Iowa.  So far I have heard that they spent hours outside in Grandma's swimming pool (inflatable pool with a water slide...little different than our pool in Phoenix!), drove the golf cart all over the farm, spent 1 1/2 hours scrubbing bugs off the front of Grandma's car, mowed with Grandma, picked up sticks with Grandpa, played pool, watered everything in sight with the garden hose...sounds like a little bit of child labor mixed in with a lot of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment